A few of my favorite things

Everything about the GPL.

Moderador: Pistamania

biedmatt
Miembro | Member
Estado: Desconectado

A few of my favorite things

Mensajepor biedmatt » 04.12.2009 @ 0:41

After I purchased my first Cartrix GPL, I noticed I was driving it quite often and my other cars infrequently. They are just a treat to drive. So I decided I needed them all. With a lot of help from Delfi, I now have them all. Of all the different slot cars I own, I enjoy these the most.

Imagen

GPL
Admin
Contactar:

Mensajepor GPL » 04.12.2009 @ 1:43

Hi Biedmatt!

Wooow!! great collection, congratulations. What is your favourite? for me is a Supersqualo but all models are beautiful.

Thanks for use the Forums and welcome to the community.
Xavi.

Sorry for my English...
Imagen
biedmatt
Miembro | Member

Mensajepor biedmatt » 04.12.2009 @ 3:20

Hello, it is hard to decide between the Mercedes and Ferrari for a favorite. Mercedes has been in my life since 1971 when dad bought his first. Their technology and innovation has always impressed me. But red is my favorite color and who can't like Ferrari? Perhaps with Alonso, Ferrari will again have a driver with heart, desire and ability to win a driver's championship for them. All the GPLs are nice though, my track is Monza from '55-'69 so these cars fit my era perfectly.

For driving, I remotored and regeared the early cars with the newer motors and 9-25 gears. So no one car gives significantly faster lap times than the others. The parity provides good racing when I have to provide cars for races. Hopefully the experience of driving the GPLs will create new converts.

Trust me, your English is much better than my Spanish.

My track: http://cincyslotrods.yuku.com/topic/326

Saludos
Matt
Última edición por biedmatt el 04.12.2009 @ 3:34, editado 1 vez en total.
GPL
Admin
Contactar:

Mensajepor GPL » 04.12.2009 @ 17:19

Matt.... you are my idol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Is very very very amazing, is impossible to resist a temptation to put GPL cars in this circuit... thanks for show.

Saludos,
Xavi.
Imagen
GPL
Admin
Contactar:

Mensajepor GPL » 04.12.2009 @ 22:05

In General forum (in Spanish) the people ask for the tyres you use for your track...

You can say that tyre there are? original :/ ?

Thanks
Imagen
biedmatt
Miembro | Member

Mensajepor biedmatt » 04.12.2009 @ 23:11

Hello Xavi, I have been replacing the Cartrix rubber tires with Indy Grips silicone tires. Indy Grips' part number for the Cartrix GPLs is IG7005. From what I have been able to determine, they were special made to fit the Cartrix wheels and are not just a set of tires that was "close" to being right.
Saludos
Matt
Kewill
Usuario | User

Mensajepor Kewill » 06.12.2009 @ 1:06

Hi Matt, interesting collection including the new S. Moss Vanwall #20 (foro ASLOT) only 200 units worldwide.
You must have a good connection in Spain!
Welcome to the GPL's community.
Here a new friend.
Santi.
biedmatt
Miembro | Member

Mensajepor biedmatt » 06.12.2009 @ 3:08

Hello Santi, Delfi has been very helpful, without him I would not have a complete collection. I hope this website grows to become a popular site for the slot community. I recognize that it's narrow context will make it a secondary site for the slot community, but there are many many people who appreciate these cars for their quality and running characteristics. Anyone who tries one is hooked. I know I am here to stay.

Saludos
reel55
Novato | Newbie

Mensajepor reel55 » 06.12.2009 @ 18:24

Matt
Nice collection
Only got 5 in my collection - Merc - mazer- gordini - curtis - Brm
Our rules are stock tires (sanding and weight allowed-no mags) and stock motor
Just racing Sir Stirling Moss,s Merc
I was hoping that they were Going to release the Talbot Lago soon - but have not seen any mention of this
release yet

Verne reel55
eLVIS - Victoria B.C. Canada
biedmatt
Miembro | Member

Mensajepor biedmatt » 07.12.2009 @ 0:27

Hi Verne, great to have you here. Diego is hoping the have the Lancia-Ferrari D50 ready for release early next month. I'm not sure if the Fangio or Portago will be the first version, but I know there are many folks who have been waiting a long time for that one. He picked a good era to model, there are so many manufacturers and drivers.

Most of us here in Cincy have plastic tracks so we all settled on silicones for most any class of cars run. Couple of guys have wood so rubber is used there. You sort of end up with two sets of cars, but it's all OK.
Última edición por biedmatt el 07.12.2009 @ 0:30, editado 1 vez en total.